Want to ask us something?

Send your question--any question-- to dsknight@deesknight.com. Please include your name and put Question in your subject line. Thanks!

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Reading erotic romance

Q: My date brought a smutty book with him. While we waited for the movie to start, he opened it and pointed out passages to me. I was sickened. What should I do?

Anne: Looking on the bright side, at least your date could read. I assume you haven't done any of the things he read to you? Good girl!

Dee: First of all, why didn't he have the good sense to bring one of my books? They are not smut, and are much more conducive to putting a woman in the mood. Dump him immediately. He's an idiot. The next time, be sure to ask a man what he reads before going out. And if you really like him--assuming you're 18 or older--provide him with a primer of a good erotic romance. I can provide suggestions when you're ready.

And Anne, "good girl"??? Really.