Want to ask us something?

Send your question--any question-- to dsknight@deesknight.com. Please include your name and put Question in your subject line. Thanks!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Need Time Alone? You Got It.

Q: My girlfriend thinks I'm stepping out on her because I don't have any energy for sex. I work two jobs and go to school. She works part-time as a secretary and is ready to go out when the weekend comes. If we stay home, she wants me to chase her around the bedroom. If she doesn't give me a break soon, I'll be breaking up with her. A woman I stay with needs to understand what's important to me, and right now my future takes precedence over getting between a woman's legs. I like her, though, and she's nice enough. What can I say or do to get my position through to her?

Anne: Nothing. Break it off. You'd be better off seeking out a one night stand when you're in the mood for sex. Let your girlfriend (if she really is your girlfriend) find someone more suited to her.

Dee: Hey, fucking isn't everything, I agree. But it's something, and especially when two people feel something for each other. You come across as uninterested in having a future with her. You sound tired of her, actually. Certainly not in love.

Anne's right (there's a first). You'd be better off telling her you're calling it quits. Then you can have all the time alone you want. And I have a feeling there will be a lot of it.