Want to ask us something?

Send your question--any question-- to dsknight@deesknight.com. Please include your name and put Question in your subject line. Thanks!

Monday, July 23, 2012

Doggie or Doggie Style? They're Very Different

Q: My neighbor's dog barks all the time. I've asked him to do something about it but he keeps leaving him outside, which means right outside our bedroom window. If he isn't barking, he's wining to get in. He's a good dog—I don't blame him. I just think if you own a dog, you should care for him and still have some concern for the neighbors. Since I've already spoken to him and don't really want to call the police because we are neighbors and I have to live in the area, what else can I do?

Anne: Check the statutes in your area related to noise pollution and see if barking dogs are part of them. You might talk with a city council person to see if they have ideas. But you might have to hint that you are going to take action unless the dog owner does something. The trouble with hints and threats is that you have to be willing to follow through.

Dee: This is not my area. If you had asked about lordosis (doggy style) and its variants I would have had some tidbits of wisdom, but about doggies in general? Nope. Sorry. You're barking up the wrong sister.